We have a secret in our culture, and it's not that birth is painful. It's that women are strong."
- Laura Stavoe Harm
Doula (pronounced doo-lah)
The word "doula" comes from the ancient Greek meaning " a woman who serves" and is now used to refer to a trained and experienced professional who provides continuous physical, emotional, and informational support to the mother before, during, and just after birth; or who provides emotional and practical support during the postpartum period.
Studies have shown that when doulas attend births, labors are shorter with fewer complications, babies are healthier and they breastfeed more easily
Consultation is free
Birth Doula Service
Includes 2 prenatal visits, full labor support and 1-2 postpartum visits, depending on your needs.
During prenatal visits we will:
- Discuss your birth goals and how to achieve them
- Practice relaxation and coping techniques for pregnancy and labor
- Work through stress with aromatherapy and massage
- Go over labor and birth positions
- Create a detailed birth plan
- Full access to my lending library of pregnancy and birth books and videos
- Consult with me 24hrs a day, 7 days a week with any questions or concerns you may have
- Continuous support during labor and birth
- Photography during pregnancy, labor, and birth if desired
- Breastfeeding support
- Assistance with siblings and family
- Light errands
- Meal plan and preparation
- I believe in mothering the mother, so please let me know how I can assist you!
Lower cost options available to those who need it. Please contact me to discuss.
Call now to set up a free consultation, 909-913-0260